Quality Home Inspections makes you feel like you made the right choice for your investment. We put all our resources to work for you. Our team is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive inspection possible. Below are some of the more common questions we hear from clients. If you have any questions that are not addressed in this page, please type them in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Make sure to include a return email address in the comments section so that we can respond to you.
1. What does your inspection cover?
Quality Home Inspections provides a comprehensive inspection of your home to include:
- Electrical Systems
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Walls, ceilings, and floors
- Basement and crawl space
- Exterior siding
We also specialize in:
- Commercial Inspections
- Mold Inspections
- Chinese Drywall Inspections
- Pool and Hot Tub Inspections
2. How much will it cost?
Cost may vary depending on the size and age of a home or property. The typical range would be between $300 and $600. But, we do give discounts to medical professionals, EMS and police, military, and educators. Consider the value of the home inspection in terms of the investment being made to protect you and your family.
3. What makes Quality Home Inspections the best choice for a home inspection?
- Family owned and operated since 1999
- Required continuing education courses for our inspectors
- VA State certified home inspectors
- Convenient Scheduling
- Available 7 days a week
- QHI has completed over 15,000 inspections
- Reports within 24 hours
- Easy to read reports
- Color Coded Reports with Pictures
- Certified Master Inspector
- NC Certified Inspector
4. Will I be able to attend the inspection?
Of Course! We encourage the client to attend the inspection so we can educate you on the complexity of your home. This is a valuable educational opportunity for the realtor, seller and buyer. Never pass up the chance to see your prospective home through the eyes of a professional.
5. How long will the inspection take?
The average inspection should take 1 ½ to 3 hours depending on the condition and size of the property. We want to take the time to properly educate you on your house so you can make an informed decision.
6. What type of inspection report do you provide and how long would it take to receive the report?
Quality Home Inspections provides a very comprehensive full report, a summary report, and photos with captions. We also color code the items found during the inspection with red being items that need immediate attention, yellow being common maintenance items, and green being preventative maintenance or cosmetic items. You should expect a report the morning of the next day. If a report is needed sooner, please notify your inspector ahead of time so we can accommodate this request.
7. Can you repair the items you find during my inspection?
Quality Home Inspections is not able to do repairs on an inspection property because it would be a conflict of interest. We would be happy to suggest solutions for DIY repair or re-inspect after repairs have been made.
8. What types of inspections do you offer?
- Residential (Buyers/Sellers Inspection)
- Commercial Inspections
- Thermal Evaluations
- Structural Inspections
- Mold/Indoor Air Quality Inspections and Testing
9. Do you maintain membership in a professional home inspector association?
We are a member of InterNACHI (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors). Through our membership, the courses they offer keep us updated on any changes in building and inspection codes.